Monday, December 8, 2008

See Today's Oklahoman for Article on my Banned Gifts Amendment

I was quoted in today's Oklahoman, again.

"Restriction plan stirs debate on Oklahoma lobbyist sway:
Ethics Commission considers ban on expensive gifts, meals for lawmakers" It's on page 2a.

The article includes this quote
A Tulsa businessman wrote an e-mail saying he was asked by the chamber to oppose the proposal: "They ask that I write to you to support their position but I do not,” he wrote, before writing four paragraphs why the "zero amendment” should be passed.


I particularly liked this letter to the editor also in today's Oklahoman. Scroll down to "Unethical by definition" by W.G. Chaffee, Oklahoma City.

1 comment:

bubba said...

I just saw you on KFOR! Cool. (I work with your father-in-law and he told me about your blog)